Routine surgeries are scheduled on a daily basis Monday through Friday. In some cases preanesthetic bloodwork is required based on the age and risk assessment of the patient, therefore will determine the type of anesthetic protocol used on the patient. These protocols include local, tranquilization, sedation, and general anesthesia. Each patient is monitored closely with pulse oximetry and ECG while under anesthesia during surgery.
Listed below are some examples of surgical procedures performed at Friarsgate Animal Hospital.
- Tumor Removal
- Fracture Repair
- TTA (Tibial Tuberocity Advancement)
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament repair
Important information for your pets surgery
- No food or water after 7:00 pm the evening prior to surgery
- Drop-off time for surgery is between 8:00am & 8:30 am the morning of surgery
- Give your pet a suitable amount of time to use the bathroom before dropping them off for surgery
- Routine surgeries will go home the same day of surgery
- Pick up times for surgeries are between 4:00pm and 5:30pm
- Sutures for most routine surgeries are placed under the skin and will not require removal.
- Sutures for more advanced procedures will require removal in 10-14 days after surgery.
- Most surgical procedures require that you restrict your pets activity for 7-10 days or until your pet is seen for a follow up visit.
- Bathing will need to be withheld after most surgeries for 10-14 days.
- Declaws will spend the night and will be released after 2pm the following day.